Subject: [Leica] The 21 - 35 Vario Elmar - First Shots on the D700 - Yuen Po Bird Park
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:53:24 +0800

Hi Luggers,
Bryan Caldwell is visiting from California and today we joined Joe
Leung and went to the Yuen Po Bird Park in East Mong Kok to photograph
bird owners walking their birds.
This is where Joe grew up and he knows the area well.

I bolted the 21 - 35 Vario Elmar on to my D700 and went out to see how
the combo works.

This man was just bringing his bird into the park and he readily
stopped when I asked if I could take a picture of him with his bird. I
didn't notice the motorcycle, which I thinks adds to the photo, until
I downloaded the picture.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/MotoBirdManw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/2b96qzr

These fellows were engaged in a lively discussion about the ornate
bird cage pictured in the photo - not about the bird inside.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/CageTalkw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/2efemr5

After the bird park we went by train for lunch to one of Joe's
favourite restaurants in the Hung Hom railway station area and then
walked over to New Cameron Camera where long time Leica and Nikon
dealer, Mr. Chen, showed the new Nikkor 24 f1.4 to Bryan. Showing
great restraint Bryan didn't buy it but was impressed with the quality
of the photos it draws. Here Joe, Bryan and Mr. Chen are checking a
shot from the 24mm on Bryan's D700. Taken with the Vario Elmar at 21mm
on my D700. I am very pleased over all with the lens and am tending to
shoot it wide open.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/Check24w.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/2ek7ecu

Please view large.