Subject: [Leica] 3 Panel Pano 21 - 35 Vario Elmar at 21mm
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:47:18 +0800

> Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:04:50 -0600
> From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols at lighttube.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] 3 Panel Pano 21 - 35 Vario Elmar at 21mm
> To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> Very nice, Howard.  I get the impression that Hong Kong has both
> tracked and
> rubber-tired double-deck busses.  Is that correct?
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

Hi JIm,
Hong Kong has double decker rail trams, (since 1904) and also London
style double decker buses - all privately owned and profitable.
For a history of Hong Kong trams please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_Tramways

The new French owners are planning to upgrade service - which I am
vehemently opposed to - because the new cars have fixed front windows
and you can't open them to take pictures!!

Cheers
Howard