Subject: [Leica] 2010 Yearbook & Kodachrome
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 20:30:02 -0500

Ted expressed my sentiments perfectly.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+jshul=comcast.net at leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+jshul=comcast.net at leica-users.org] On Behalf Of
tedgrant at shaw.ca
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 6:45 PM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] 2010 Yearbook & Kodachrome

Hello Wayne,
When it comes to the LUG Year book I'm the guy who always reams the butt of
everybody to get their pictures in well before midnight dec 31. Some become
what we might say  ... "slightly, if not right P...ed off with me simply
because I spare no words nor the whip to deliver on time and earlier!"  OR
ELSE! :-)

You see Jim is assembling the book all by himself as fast as the photos
arrive. And as the clock ticks the last second of 2010 he presses the button

and everything is automatically uploaded and people are placing book orders
New Years Day. :-)

Not sure if you've been around for others? If you were, I suppose you
wouldn't be asking the question of holding space for you after midnight. But

if someone were to say "OK we'll wait for your Kodachromes" that means a
gazillion others would have a excuse to deliver late, eventually all would
be lost! And the LUG just can't have that happen as this book is a
collectors' book.

By now I assume you are getting the message, "forget the Kodachromes for
2010 as the ship waits for no man nor woman!" And sails on time. I see no
big deal in submitting them for the 2011 book given they weren't available
in time. HOWEVER????

If you have a problem with this post please sit back and relax, as I'm sure
there will be a follow up post to verify it.
Sorry mate, but I'm sure you well understand the timing situation. Have a
good day and fined other photos. Thank you
cheers,
Dr. ted