Subject: [Leica] Focus on gear not images
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 19:55:45 -0800

Yes and no, Yes because that is always the case. No because we are living
thorough a time of technological transition we are forced to focus on
technology and evaluate how it meets our needs to generate sales and our
experience with film based technology

We focus on technology because even with technology as simple as an Oatmeal
Box pinhole camera, photography CANNOT exist without technology

In the past decade we have been focused on technology because we want
digital to give us the benefits of digital coupled with the best of film

We may be finally close to there. We focus on technology because the Nikon
D2xs may be better that the D2x the M8.2 better than the M8 and finally we
may have come to a point where, for the first time, my Nikon D3 does more
and more better that my F2 and Kodachrome and perhaps now future refinements
will be hey what about HD video what about 102,400 ISO icing on a cake But
icing on a well baked cake that delivers tasty images

Apologies to Canon folk. But IMHO last good Canon was F1n. Thanks