Subject: [Leica] Focus on gear not images
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 01:25:50 -0500

I agree you can only go so far focusing on your images and have to be aware
of the larger changes of technology to know when its time to go to the
camera store and lay out some cash. Yes you could back then live shooting
with an F2 instead of an F3 but no you cant now keep shooting with a D200 or
D300 when the Pro world is shooting with a D700. And that's exactly how I
experienced it.
(Though I shot an M6 in the 90's for the most part for 35mm.)
Its great to be artsy but it helps to be enough of a techno geek to know
when its time to migrate to a better newer camera. And the fact that
"everyone is using it" is not always such a bad clue.

And let me be clear that sure like in the 90's I'd rather be shooting with a
rangefinder. In this case an M9. Digital has upped the anti.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb