Subject: [Leica] PS Re: Subject: DMR service update
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 19:16:17 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

I also sent an R8 with the DMR because I didn't know much about its history.
 This R8 came with the DMR as a freebie because its shutter blades were
tangled.  After untangling the shutter I found that aside from a minor ding
on one shutter blade the camera worked perfectly so I used it for a year and
a half until the DMR developed its boot-up problem.

I told Leica service that the shutter ding wasn't causing any problems but
please check the camera otherwise and service as needed.  Repair estimate
for the R8: US$0.00

I ? my DMR

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento