Subject: [Leica] The beautiful backs of Limerick
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 16:25:09 -0800

Douglas Barry offered in response to a Tina poast:
Subject: Re: [Leica] The beautiful backs of Limerick

> It's a technique known as the Winogrand Camber....
> Douglas

Douglas had posted:
>here's some interesting shots by an Irish American photographer of
>Limerick's deprived areas. Parts of the place (aka Stab City) are not
>pleasant, and dangerous if you happen to be part of one of their drug
>gangs.
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3y8rw8s<<<<<,

First off Douglas I trust these aren't your exposures?????

Douglas such a pity using this stupid no good tilt nonsense some people
think make it look "more dramatic" More meaningful? Or whatever dumb ass
expression excuse for quite simply damn poor taste in camera handling.

In this case absolutely contributes not one iota creativeness, intelligence
in the photographers camera handling. Quite frankly just plain old fashion
copying some dumb ass so called "thing because Winogrand did it, therefore
it must be important." BS big time!

It just makes it into a bunch of "crappy exposures" as I couldn't use the
term "photograph" they're so bad.
What's worse?

An incredible location, where with one whit of photographic intellegence and
creative eye, a truly smashing great photo series of documentary power
ilustrating a terribly depressed area could've been shot!

But Oh no Mr. Tilty Camera shot a bunch of dumb ass exposures in trying to
copy a dimwit style he once saw in some photo magaizne

enough said!
cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] The beautiful backs of Limerick)