Subject: [Leica] the beautiful faces...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 16:59:39 -0800

Mark Rabiner Offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] the beautiful faces...

>I just hope to hell when I'm 90 and have dementia people are not taking
> pictures of me and posting them on the internet and referring to me as
> "adorable" and "beautiful".

Aw com'n Mark yer a beautiful guy! :-) I feel you're being absolutely
mistaken. It's an incredibly beautiful series of humanity! None are
depressing, none look disfigured and drooling or any other negative
description people use & think when describing the unfortunates suffering
from this horrible debilitating disease.

As horrible as this disease is, Steve is showing the world there is a very
beautiful side to all this. The humour in many cases, the tenderness and
caring. The love between two partners in their olden years and despite the
disease, they still show their love for each other! It's one of the most
beautiful emotionally driven "nice things" I've seen in many years. WHY?

Well I'm sick and tired of all the usual war crap, hunger in Africa and
AIDS, no water in other parts of the world, plant warming and "what are we
going to do with the Polar Bears"! My God everything about misery the world
over. Quite frankly it's all becoming a great big horrid pain in the ass day
after day! The thing most people miss is.... "all this crap garbage stuff is
so easy to shoot it's like shooting fish in a barrel! " Hell you just have
to be there, close yer eyes point camera with auto everything and squeeze
shutter button turn 360 degrees and go home with all the misery you want in
one burst!

Steve's photo essay, documentary, photo project whatever one wishes to call
it? I truly believe it beats the hell out of the usual Afghanistan, Iraq,
squalors of Africa, Haiti and all those other things so easy to shoot!
Steve's without question is one of those beautiful touching human subjects
filled with hope, beauty and love one unto another!

Please Mark have another thought because I know you can't be serious.
Besides? If you were suffering from this bloody horrid disease and someone
was taking your photograph?

You probably wouldn't realize it was happening. :-)

cheers,
yer old buddy,
ted

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] the beautiful faces... on ambiguity)