Subject: [Leica] the beautiful faces...
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 09:14:44 -0600

When (and if) I reach 70 - 90 years of life
I hope I don't have dementia.

If someone does photograph me
(with or without dementia and/or other maladies)
when I'm 70 - 90
I hope they don't use on camera flash,
I hope they shoot from the shadow side,
I hope they get the color balance
(or fine monochrome tonalities),
I hope they compose well,
I hope they capture a fine moment with feeling.

If they post pictures of me on the internet,
or publish them on paper,
I hope they do not do so
for the purpose of ridicule.
I hope people who look at the photographs
use words like beautiful, powerful, lovely, well done
to describe the images.

Finally, if I do succumb to some form of dementia
I hope I can still do self portraits with a Leica, iPhone or whatever,
play my flutes and harmonicas,
and publish on the internet.

Regards,
George Lottermoser