Subject: [Leica] Now we are 50
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:16:21 -0800

The MASTER BOOK MAKER OFFERED:Jim Shulman" <jshul at comcast.net>
To: "'Leica Users Group'" <lug at leica-users.org>

> As of this AM, we now have 50 folks who have submitted images to the Leica
> Users Group 2010 Yearbook.
>
>> More most welcome!  In fact, we should be at about 60-70 by now,
>> considering
> the submissions from previous yearbooks.
> > Want to submit?  Easy instructions at
> http://leica-users.org/LUG-yearbook.html

HEY CREW!
What I find most frustrating is we're down by at least 20 submissions at
this time compared to other years.
Sorry if some who've submitted are included next. :-(

Every day there's close to a hundred or more word and some picture posts on
screen.

Many just babblefest drivel that could and should be replaced with "TWO
PHOTOGRAPHS" SENT TO JIM! Surely to "E two photographs" doesn't take any
longer than a ..."Wow nice photo joe!"  from some of you who may or may not
have sent your photos.

For newcomers who may be a tad intimidated about sending photos...
"DON'T BE!" Never mind what you've seen on the list! WHY?  Well this is
about as "FREE an OPPORTUNITY" for you to have a couple of "YOUR PHOTOS
PUBLISHED IN A BOOK!" This also applies to the many "old timers" who've yet
to move yer ass and send two! You folks are supposed to be the "SHINING BEST
EXAMPLES" to the new folks on sending two!

Let's be fair here, we have a lad who put's the book together "FOR FREE!"
and has done so each year right up to the last few seconds of the old year
... obviously this 2010! That means he is working his butt off right up to
what should be a welcoming for the "NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY!"  I rag on you
folks for the fun of it, to some degree. But in reality I'm making every
effort to help word-wise by cajoling, so we of the LUG can once again have a
fine book like no others. It's ours, the LUG CREW 2010!

As I've said more times than once..... it only takes a few minutes and your
pictures are on the way and in the book layout on arrival! However that
doesn't mean they all arrive at 5 minutes before midnight Dec. 31! Cut short
your lunch break and send, or cut short the supper hour and send, these
opportunities are endless throughout the day.

How about this? Get two pictures on desk top, if you don't have time right
then to post, at least they're ready to go. Later when you check mail, send
then! That's BEFORE you get to reading and looking at the incoming mail...
send that evening or the next morning.

You may think  "Well there's 15 days to go, so what's the hurry?" The "HURRY
IS" just do it NOW and get it over with that's the hurry.

Besides there's a whole bunch of "YOU FOLKS" and only one Jim Shulman
putting it together!  Need I say more?

Thank you, I knew you'd all understand! OK now "SEND THEM RIGHT THIS VERY
SECOND!" as I'm done for now. :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG) ([Leica] Now we are 50)