Subject: [Leica] Portraits are for the birds...
From: degner at gmail.com (David Degner)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:51:42 +0200

Hey Hugh,

Pigeon wars are what they are called over here.  I shot a little bit
on them also:
http://www.incendiaryimage.com/sketchbook/pigeon-fanciers-of-cairo/

Yeah, that walk of shame over to your neighbor's house is supposed to
be pretty bad.  I love how the same thing is done across this wide
region.  Have you watched any of the flying groups that have
"tumblers" where the pigeons will fall out of the air or do crazy
stalls and dives? All because of some genetic defect that is bread
into them.

How many pigeon lofts do you see around?  How prevalent is the sport
there.  Can you take a few pictures of the birds, I'd like to see what
they look like.

Cheers,
David Degner

Cairo, Egypt