Subject: [Leica] Super Angulon
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 23:24:52 -0800

The SA is certainly a great lens, and for a long time was the
standard in 21mm lenses for 35mm. I'm keeping mine. However, if you
get a good example of the CV 21 it's as good or maybe even a bit
better according to a fairly extensive test I did some years ago for
the Viewfinder. The SA has better center mtf, but the CV is better in
the corners and more balanced, with less vignetting. However as usual
many CV lenses are not perfectly assembled and there is some
uneveness across the frame, so make sure you get a good one.

BTW, there are a number of other SA focal lengths including the current
SA-XL.

--

       Henning J. Wulff
  Wulff Photography & Design