Subject: [Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:56:09 -0500

For thirty thousand dollars there is a huge group of people who "don't know
what to make of" the Leica S system.  The neck jewelry crowd.
People who have previously bought and sold Leica M's and other classy
cameras with a been that done that mindset. At thirty thousand smackeroos
its not that kind of thing. Not a playing with money thing. Not a rich guy
temporary toy like an eight grand body can be.  People with a very serious
approach to photography will be financing them. People who read the product
manual. People who keep the product and use them regally for many years. And
have stuff to show for it. Prints or whatever.

I think the camera traders the ones who are inhaling cameras in one door and
sneezing them out the other are a bit put off by Leica upping the ante like
this. It really is no fun on that account.
I'm glad.
We finally have a serious piece of gear that people can't trash so easily
turning them into a mindless tradable commodity.

Leica has come out with a take no prisoners greatest DSLR in the world.
Leica is back on top.
I'm glad.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography