Subject: [Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:15:59 -0800

Tina Manley offered:

> And nobody will pay anything for photos since they will all be free,
> therefore, nobody will be able to afford an S5 except those who give
> photos
> away as a hobby.<<<<<<

Hi Tina & all, :-)

As we, not I as I wouldn't touch a DMR unless I got it absolutely free. And
not a hope in Hades I'd ever have an S2 with the lack of income as I become
one of those mean " a..s.d" old guys! ;-)

Although my plan is to win the $50 million lottery next Friday evening as a
nice Christmas present. You doubt me??? :-) Hey stick with me baby I've had
a hell of a fantastic life so why would you doubt I'm joking! It's called
"Always think positive and beautiful things happen! :-)

OK back to the serious stuff. :-)

One of the high payment earning photographers of the stock agency I belong
to just offered the amount of his sales for the past month. Before I give
you the amount, this is the levels he was at during the height of stock
image sales several ears ago. He grossed $250,000 a year in his pocket from
the agency selling his images. "LIKE WOW I'M GOING TO SHOOT STOCK!"

Trust me, today??? READY??? His monthly sales included some images sold
for.... .91 cents and a couple at .85! Now this is a shooter who switched to
digital immediately and in his first year of stock shooting he saved,
$25,000 on film and proessing costs! Because he went digital big-time!

Does anyone think this guy would rush out and buy an S2 with the economy as
atrocious as it is?

Me?

Not a hope unless I win the $50 million lottery next Friday evening Dec.
24th! But why would I buy it then? Certainly not just to own one! That would
be utterly stupid when you'd not have clients who gave you assignments to
shoot.

There is a huge difference between on assignment and taking pictures for
fun. Even though I shot lots of after the fact pictures to slow me down and
bring me down. There isn't anything like shooting for a client, being paid
very nicely, thank you very much! But, the best part being the pat on the
back for a "job well done!" That counting far more than the income! A whole
different world and if you haven't experineced it you have no idea what it
feels like!  :-) Anyway.

Hey how about this for a nice positive thought? I win the $50 million! I
donate to my regular charities, medical schools and unfortunates first. Then
we hold the biggest international  LUG party you can imagine! Fly everyone
into a central location on the planet as long as it's a warm place, good
food and "beverage" ;-) of choice and have a smashing great meet & greet you
could ever imagine! :-)

Now that would be cool. :-) All you folks would have to do is show-up at
your local airport and fly to "PARTY CENTRAL!" :-)

I'd look after the unfortunates first, then a get together of the greatest
bunch of photo folks on the planet.

Now, if for a moment, please with a kindly thought, let ted win! :-) The LUG
would have the international Party of 2011!!

So ok folks there you go! :-)

OH YEAH AND WHILE I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?  .... "HAVE YOU SENT YOUR TWO
PHOTOS TO JIM YET?"' :-) GOTCHA AGAIN! ;-)

c'mon hell it's all in fun. Get a life! :-) Send the pictures!
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale?)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale?)