Subject: [Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale? S2
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:47:07 -0800

John Nebel offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale?

> Hi Richard,
>
> The thangkas http://thangkas.csd.net are photographed with an ancient
> Sinar multi-shot as is the material on http://www.ancientmoney.org
>
> Here is a link to an S2 image - click on any area of the pop-up for bit
> peaking:
>
>                http://photos.csd.net/chautauqua.html <<<,

Am I wrong in thinking all we are seeing is a bunch of poppy cock nonsense
about an incredible piece of photographic equipment none of us can afford to
buy?  Or?

It isn't going to make your photography any better, if you know nothing
about light, shooting from the shadow side and the many other things that
sort out photographers... good - bad & ugly!

I mean the example shown taken with an S2 which is nothing more than a hump
in the ground with a lot of grass and bushes? Really does this make you
quiver in your shoes with incredible excitement? Or is it just another hump
in the ground with a bunch of grass that would look no different than taken
with a digilux 2?

Oh yeah, the print out would definitely look of a higher caliber no
question. Hell for $30 grand or more I'd hope so!

But the content? Would the photographic content and magic captured of life
make you wet your pants with "Oh my Gawd look at that incredible photograph
and quality of image!?"

Sorry folks but I've used Leica gear probably longer than many of you alive
on list. But instead of continuing to support and make gear for their  most
ardent followers, LEICA is after space Martians out of reality with money!!

I've handled an S2, been completely blown away with the feel, quick fast and
faster auto focus, feel in my hands and all the other positives!  I still
wouldn't buy it unless I had clients worth shooting for to make the produced
quality worth the cost.

But to purchase as an everyday fun shooting camera as an amateur? Not for
one blinking moment! And right there is the biggest problem with Leica....
they have forgotten the thousands of every day good folks to buy a Leica for
fun picture taking! And they're eventually going to lose because they forgot
us all and everyone!

Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale? S2)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale? S2)