Subject: [Leica] Total lunar eclipse: Once in a lifetime
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:34:42 +0100

I usually am more interested in photographing the people looking at an
astronomical phenomenon than the phenomenon itself. This has been the case
ever since the Halley's comet hype back in 1986. I spent several nights
looking for dark spots around North Central Florida, but the best I could
get was this:
http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Stuff-from-the-20th-century/5775622_DM8y5#357376598_Qhkrm
However, the funniest moment occurred the night I took this picture. It was
taken on a wooden platform in a swamp called Paynes Prairie, somewhere
between Gainesville and Ocala, a place with little light pollution. For that
reason, lots of other photographers had set up tripods in the same spot.
After a while, I got bored with looking for a comet amid all the stars, so I
took the camera off the tripod, put on the flash and blitzed my fellow
photogs, blinding everyone for 30 seconds or so and generating a stream of
invective. Much more entertaining than the stupid comet :-)

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain