Subject: [Leica] Advice on trip to Paris
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:23:34 -0800

Hey Leo you can disagree all you want, as I'm easy going. ;-) However I just
watched the late night TV news covering Europe and the snow and hundreds of
thousands of passengers hung up all over the place like never before.
Certainly hundreds in the USA who can't a flight to Europe anywhere because
the airports are closed due to ice and snow on the runways!.

The airports are full of passengers sleeping on the floors and in some
airports emergency cots have been brought in for passengers.

What can't get out, can't get back! There are people who had confirmed seats
a few days ago and are still sitting around waiting for a plane to take off.

Many have already been told they will definitely be celebrating Christmas in
the airport... The hotels are all full, so the rest just hunker down in the
airport and wait it out! The added effect is due to the huge backlog of
passengers building up who had tickets for two or three days from now with
the airlines having thousands stranded waiting for "the next flight!"

Leo where did you get your "fly to Paris information" that makes you
disagree with what Tina and I have stated. Like old buddy, I'm not making
this up........ just watch yer TV for international news instead of the
local.

Actually the best thing he could do is, book a holiday flight for Easter and
I'm sure he'll get there by then. :-)

cheers,
ted