Subject: [Leica] IMG: LUG daughter in BW
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:17:21 -0800

Geoff Hopkinson offered:

>I posted a version of this in a thread by Daniel with a superb portrait by
> him. I just realised that might subtract from responses to Daniel's post
> and
> photograph.
> > Here is my (reworked) Ridings portrait redux.
> http://www.pbase.com/image/131285862

Hi Geoff,
Like I've always said: "Real photographers shoot B&W and available light!"
:-) But you must recognize it first to make it work! Yes I realize you
didn't shoot this, so the  positive comments go to her father for shooting
it and you for manipulating it! ???

They don't come any better than this, "B&W or colour!"  A very attractive
young lady. And obviously "shooting from the shadow side" once again proves
old Rembrandt seemed to know what lighting was all about even by candle
light! ;-) And in his case whatever light was avail.

Anyone wishing to learn about light,  never mind all that modern day
electricity stuff, go to the library and have a look at a  Rembrandts
paintings book and you'll learn more about effective lighting than many of
the glitzy modern day publications.
Well done mon ami. Actually two mon amis! :-) :-)

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] IMG: LUG daughter in BW)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: LUG daughter in BW)