Subject: [Leica] Advice on trip to Paris
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:37:32 +0000

Believe me, Ted is right.
Stay away from Europe this winter! Way colder than usual, and we have had
amounts of snow which are unparalleled and we are neither used to nor have
the infrastructure to deal with it. The sort of snow clearing and road
preparing which are normally available in countries used to this sort of
weather simply are not available here.
It is a nightmare at the airports, many closed for unknown lengths of time
entirely due to the weather.
I would not recommend my worst enemy to travel to France, Belgium or the UK
at the moment!
cheers,
Frank