Subject: [Leica] Advice on trip to Paris
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:57:58 +0100 (CET)

Message du : 21/12/2010
De : "Steve Barbour " <steve.barbour at gmail.com>

On Dec 20, 2010, at 5:20 PM, George Kase wrote:

> Hi...I've decided to go to Paris over Christmas

check first re access, weather...you might be wise to stay at home,

Steve

Steve might be right
http://www.meteo-paris.com/ile-de-france/previsions.php

degrees are centigrade i.e. freezing or so.

Some disruptions took place all over Europe over the last few days and some
airports closed, but from what I see above, the resulting mess should have
cleared up, hopefully.

Bookingdotcom is fine - we use it whenever we travel. No bad surprise so
far. Rather, nice memories :-)
Now, Timotel also have a hotel near Montparnasse i.e. not far from the
Eiffel Tower.

Tours; we often do that on our first day in a new place, it gives us
bearings and insights into the places we'd really want to visit on our own.
Doing it with photogs is probably yet another experience, why not. It sounds
like a nice idea if you can get faster access to the sights.

Just in case you follow Steve's enlightened advice, April in Paris can be an
alternative, a nice Xmas card to write, and not forget. I had offered Alice
a trip to Barcelona last February for her birthday; we went there last week
of October, a lasting present ... ;-)

Oh, shops will be crammed on the 23rd, 24th, closed on the 25th, and the
26th being a Sunday few will be open.
(Public) Museums are closed on Tuesdays. There's hardly any 24/24 7/7 in
France.

Amicalement
Philippe