Subject: [Leica] Erwin and the S2; comparison
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:25:22 -1000
References: <C935A22E.817C%mark@rabinergroup.com><1CD6B5C4-1ED7-4E1B-89FB-7FD33EC3EEA3@frozenlight.eu><AANLkTi=ADTfr59wSr_shitKfuUROyGHnCt7c09YfJLC_@mail.gmail.com><FE6BBD19-A5C6-47BA-9349-EEF2E5F744BC@frozenlight.eu><AANLkTimj-6Kt6GNQ-1KdcjwLM9O39-CiEWkh9J2H2Pks@mail.gmail.com><4D11C8ED.3000104@hale-pohaku.com><AANLkTim7xDP4M+n-1hfxBsrOWrcsoWaOa0G+ebdtSvyE@mail.gmail.com><4D11CF90.5010209@hale-pohaku.com> <AANLkTi=JYhf3mcteW+36AU8KKM14ndCAsjWhUgoxCn61@mail.gmail.com>

My issue is that Leica chose to store the sensor characteristics in the
main camera circuit board. I would have put them in the sensor assembly
to avoid having the sensor assembly individually matched to the camera
body. They might have saved one piece of non-volatile memory but it sure
looks like it complicated the manufacturing and repair process.

Possibly the most profiled sensors are those used in astronomical
instruments, telescopes. Custom made and super expensive.

Apparently the "raw" data from the M9 is pretty cooked ;-)

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Erwin and the S2; comparison)
Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Erwin and the S2; comparison)
Message from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Erwin and the S2; comparison)
Message from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis) ([Leica] Erwin and the S2; comparison)