Subject: [Leica] LFI: Worth it?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 21:27:14 -0800

I used to subscribe in the 60's and 70's. I sent in some photos a
couple of times and they published them. Then I sent in some
Kodachromes and again they published some; stupidly I sent in
originals because I couldn't make/get made decent dupes. They didn't
return them and gave me some grief when I corresponded with them.

I turned to other things, and never sent originals again unless I got
a lot of money up front.

Recent issues have generally left me less than excited when I have
seen them. The tech articles tend to be rather shallow or out of
date, and the photos, while occasionally very nice, are too far and
few between. There are better publications, including Lenswork,
Reporters without Borders and Steve Simmon's View Camera. And a lot
of web sites.

--

       Henning J. Wulff
  Wulff Photography & Design