Subject: [Leica] LFI: Worth it?
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:24:55 +0530

I used to subscribe, but there were not enough photographs to make it
worthwhile. IMHO, the only two magazines worth subscribing to are LensWork
and Nature's Best - great photographs, brilliantly printed, and most
important, not a single article on equipment!

http://www.lenswork.com/

http://www.naturesbestphotography.com/

Cheers
Jayanand

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Mark Pope <mark at whitedogs.co.uk> wrote:

> I do have a subscription to LFI.  In fact it's the only photographic
> magazine I read these days. It's way better than the stuff I usually see on
> the news stands in the UK. Generally the photography is good or very good,
> though I concur with Richard that there could be more and I wish some of
> pictures were printed larger.
> There have been some interesting articles on the M series and new lenses
> which I enjoyed.  Unsurprisingly, the S2 has had quite a lot of coverage,
> which doesn't really interest me.
>

> Mark Pope,
> Swindon, Wilts
> UK
>
> Homepage               http://www.monomagic.co.uk
> Blog                   http://www.monomagic.co.uk/blog
> Picture a week (2010)
> http://www.monomagic.co.uk/index.php?gallery=paw/2010
> Picture a week (2009)
> http://www.monomagic.co.uk/index.php?gallery=paw/2009
>               (2008) http://www.monomagic.co.uk/index.php?gallery=paw/2008
>
> On 27/12/2010 09:15, Richard Man wrote:
>
>> I have not renewed since my freebies lapsed. I wish they have more photos
>> -
>> the ones they have are high quality, IMO, but not quite enough.
>>
>> Honestly, the technical stuff to me is less important since I can get
>> those
>> info elsewhere.
>>

>> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Geoff Hopkinson<hopsternew at gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  Peter, for whatever it's worth I get it (since the M8 intro) and do go
>>> back
>>> and re- read the technical articles on occasion.  There's a variety of
>>> different photography to see that I might not normally look at. You'll
>>> get
>>> course. They are well connected naturally and have interesting interviews
>>> sometimes. My subscription comes from Germany and is very prompt. I have
>>> read where the US issues are slower (than here). You get half a year free
>>> if
>>> you buy an M9 if that is any incentive ;-)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff