Subject: [Leica] Leica investment economics - was Financial people in Lug
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 05:21:41 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

So unless you are a camera speculator or a quality addict don't buy a Leica
for appreciation. Buy a Canon or Nikon. You will get state of the art
engineering and manufacturing, fine lenses, autofocus and autoexposure at a
considerable saving over the cost of an equivalent Leica system. Invest the
money you save to provide a real legacy for your children.
<<<

I bought the 280 APO and DMR to use.  The current market value of the DMR is
150% of what I paid 5 years ago, the current market value of the 280 APO is
300% of what I paid 6 years ago, without keeping them in an air-tight
dust-free glass box.  Zero net cost, and the bonus is a hard drive full of
photos that gallery owners are telling me are not the same as they see from
CaNikon cameras.  Freakin' bargain.  YMMV.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica investment economics - was Financial people in Lug)