Subject: [Leica] Golden Temple Again
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 14:05:12 -0600

> > On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj
> <jayanand at gmail.com
> > >wrote:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/India/_1060021-Edit-EditSe
> lCol.jpg.html

I can handle the B&W; I'd like to see the full color version...

But this treatment reminds me of far too many bad posters and
"special mystical effect art pieces" that were popular in the 70's
"new age" era.  I know the gold is the real color but it does not
feel that way at all.

It's our job to guide the viewers' eyes where we want them...

but this doesn't feel like I've been guided.  It feels like my head's
been grabbed by a gorilla, yanked into a specific position, and then
welded in place while someone else wedges my eyelids open and a guard
standing over me with a cattle prod demands that I focus on THIS
THING... Or Else.

It's not really my favorite experience.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee at rcmckee.com
P O Box 571900                           voice/fax   713/783-3502
Houston, TX 77257-1900                   cell phone #  on request

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Golden Temple Again)