Subject: [Leica] Chicago nanny: Vivian Maier - street photographer
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 18:48:32 +0100

Dennis Purdy, on the Rolleusers group (yahoo) that I am on tipped me
to Vivian Maier when he heard I was going to Chicago.

A box of negatives (30,000) were purchased at an auction from a storage
center.

They buyer ended up with roughly 100,000 of her negatives. When he
finally found out who she was, when he finally found a name, he found
an obituary that was dated just a few days earlier than when he did
his search.

An exhibit opens at the Chicago Cultural Center on Friday. Do yourself
a favor and watch the news piece video in the second link.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/2973223-421/maier-maloof-vivian-street-negatives.html

http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?p=42,8,80&pid=A1hO97qcWo7ViDL_rWniVH2LakYxNa7J

Daniel ... going to the exhibit. I'm lucky. I fly out the next day.