Subject: [Leica] Baby Olive & great noise reduction
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 21:08:16 -0800

> Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 00:11:52 +0100
> From: Lluis Ripoll <lluisripollquerol at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Baby Olive & great noise reduction
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> Howard,
>
> Lovely picture, I'm really surprised how well you handle 1250 ISO on
> your M8 performing a really good noise reduction, I've never get
> similar results. Do you use an special technique?
>
> cheers
> Lluis

Hi Lluis,
Thanks for the comment. I develop the picture in CS 4,  > image >
adjustments > curves, using the eye droppers to set white, grey and
black points.
Then filter >  sharpen > smart sharpen > amount 140% > radius 1.4
pixels > remove lens blur. In low light like this picture I adjust the
EV from my usual - 1/3 to 0 and that's all I do.  No special noise
reduction at all. Perhaps I have an outlier M8 in terms of noise. :-)
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Baby Olive & great noise reduction)