Subject: [Leica] Unknown Street Photographer Discovered
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 05:58:54 +0100

Just a short note. It's late at night and I fly back tomorrow.

The easiest way to summarize Vivian Maier is: Winnogrand and Arbus,
make room. You've got company.

You could get the impression she was mimicking Arbus here and there,
until you see the dates. She was a decade or two before. At the same
time, she had a good sense for composition, not just point and shoot.

The prints were inkjet, but well done. Her hats and cameras
(Rolleiflex T, Leica IIIc and Exakta) were there. Her square stuff is
top notch (all b/w). The 35mm stuff was not of the same class. The
vast majority was Rolleiflex.

We'll be hearing more about her and others will have more intelligent
things to say.

http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/

Daniel

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Peter Dzwig <pdzwig at summaventures.com>
wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Please keep us posted.
>
> Peter
>
> On 05/01/2011 21:18, Daniel Ridings wrote:
>> Strange,
>>
>> I posted the same link a few days ago and was surprized that no one
>> reacted. Maybe it didn't make it out to the list.
>>
>> I am going to the opening exhibit on Friday evening at the Chicago
>> Cultural Center. Lucky timing for me. I fly back home on Saturday and
>> the exhibit opens the day before. I look forward to it.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:30 AM, Bill Clough <bill_clough at yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>> USA