Subject: [Leica] "Doctors' Work" by Ted Grant TED's COMMENT!
From: rickfloyd at comcast.net (rickfloyd at comcast.net)
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 16:33:03 +0000 (UTC)

Ted, my copy of your book remains one of my prized possessions.? I have it
displayed proudly and?thumb through it often.? My copy of the Photographers
Supplement is tattered and torn from use.? Knowing you through the LUG has
made it more valuable to me.? I just got a copy of Craig's Unposed and am
enjoying it even more because we get an insight into the photographer
through the LUG that we don't get elsewhere.? BTW, I bought Craig's MP and I
can tell you, it's not the camera - DARN!

Ted Offered:

"On occasion I find a remainder block of copies & I purchase. Now remember I
already paid for all the photo materials and hundreds of basically "FINE ART
QUALITY 11X14 PRINTS for book reproductions!" This isn't just a photo book!
When I manage to find copies on remainder I buy them, sign them to whomever
purchases a copy from me and supply a 5 page "Photographers Supplement"
explaining the details for each picture and the reason why the picture was
taken, the light and many other details. And make an open offer, "if they
e-mail me with questions about any of the photographs I will respond!"
By the way that's an open offer to all LUG members who have copies of the
book!
.... HOW MANY PHOTO BOOKS DO YOU FIND WITH THAT KIND OF OFFER?

So if you can pick-up a copy from the Leica Gallery at $20.00 man you have a
bargain big time.

An excellent bargain at that price if the purchaser is an avid Leica User or
a very keen photographer interested in B&W photography. The medical scene
around the country, no blood and guts, but about the people who look after
us when we get bone broke or whatever! :-) And obviously all B&W available
light, " if you can ?see it, you can shoot it" Leica photography! ;-)

And I bet Leica don't give you a copy of the "PHOTOGRAPHER'S SUPPLEMENT?"
That was one of the best things about the book other than what many have
said about the .... "smashing great photography by a one eyed Leica
photojournalist!" :-)

Oh well the next book? ?Go BLURB! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted.