Subject: [Leica] Leica] IMG: Behold!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:50:38 -0800

Peter Klein Showed::
> Behold!
>> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/NewJerusalem/L1007889-w.jpg.html>
>> On Mt. Scopus, Jerusalem.  Wide open, 1/6 sec hand-held. As Ted says, if
>> you can see it, you can shoot it: I love this picture, it's not perfectly
>> sharp and I don't care.

>>>That kind of light and handhld at 1/6t of a sec. took guts!!!>>

Hi Peter,
Way to go man!  A beauty 99.9 % would walk away doing nothing more than
saying... "WOW NEAT LOOK OUT POINT! Too bad I didn't bring my tripod!"
Returning home only with a super interesting scene merely in the memory bank
that will shortly fade away! You on the other hand have a wonderful "HAND
HELD" PHOTO!

There isn't  a hope in hell I wouldn't make some attempt at hand holding
this shot..........    even if I did it a half dozen times with the trust I
had one absolutely sharp. With film one is somewhat hesitant to expose a
half dozen iframes if tight on film in pocket!

But digital? Heck it's so beautiful what's a  dozen exposures?

Good on you for having the guts and fortitude to  shoot at a slow speed.

Cheers,
ted

Message from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] IMG: Behold!)