Subject: [Leica] Macbook Pro battery question (I think)
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:13:54 -0500

Peter,

This is the battery data from my 3 months old MacBook Pro laptop.

The important bits to notice are

 Charge Information:
  Charge remaining (mAh):       6558
  Fully charged:        Yes
  Charging:     No
  Full charge capacity (mAh):   6558
  Health Information:
  Cycle count:  26
  Condition:    Normal

What you care about are "Full charge capacity" and "Cycle count". You want
to the former to be as large as possible and the latter, cycle count, as low
as possible. LiIon batteries from 3 years ago are probably only good for 300
cycles. Newer technology I have read is good for about 1000 cycles.

What Bob said about discharging it completely is worth trying.

Regards,
Spencer