Subject: [Leica] Macbook Pro battery question (I think)
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:25:14 -0500

Yes and no. LiIon batteries can tolerate a finite number of charge/discharge
cycles. Usually one doesn't want to discharge it completely frequently. That
would definitely shorten the life expectancy and deplete the storage
capacity of the battery.

On the other hand keeping a fully charged battery at higher temperature is
not good for it either.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery#Disadvantages>

I just use my laptop as intended so it get discharged sometimes and stays
plugged in when I am near the plug (and have the charger :) most of the
time. I rarely completely discharged the battery (bad idea if I can't
recharge it fairly quickly) unless I am traveling.

Regards,
Spencer

Message from piers.hemy at gmail.com (piers@hemy.org) ([Leica] Macbook Pro battery question (I think))