Subject: [Leica] New member intro
From: bensonga at gmail.com (Gary Benson)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 20:32:06 -0900

First post here....just thought I'd say hello and write a quick intro.  I
first learned of LUG from Jayanand Govindaraj, whom I've gotten to know
through the monthly print exchanges we've both participated in over the past
many years.

Bought my first Leica last year....a very nice black R8 with a motordrive.
I have since pulled together a nice little collection of R lenses and while
I really would like to be using these on a digital R10....the R8 is a pretty
sweet camera in it's own right!

For the moment, when I need the instant gratification of a digital image,
I'm using these wonderful R series lenses on a Panasonic G1 (which of
course, is still no substitute for an R10).

I've created a LUG Gallery album and uploaded a few images.  I tend towards
more industrial/pedestrian type images.....so I'm afraid there's not going
to be anything truly breath taking there, but perhaps a few of you will
enjoy seeing the "other" Alaska (ie...not much in the way of majestic
scenery or wildlife in my photos).

I look forward to participating in this forum.  Purchasing my first Leica
was a dream come true....it sure is nice that high quality used film
cameras, even Leicas, are affordable now that digital is all the rage.

Best Regards,

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Replies: Reply from daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] New member intro)