Subject: [Leica] Regrinding a lens surface
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 15:00:00 -0500

Vick Ko asks about lens grinding and polishing supplies.
Vick, lens grinding, especially flat surfaces, is both a tricky and
time consuming task. Based on my experience grinding a 6" telescope
mirror I would advise you to get it done commercially. However if you
are a glutton for punishment, pick up a copy of "Sky and Telescope"
either at a news stand or in the library. It has advertisements of
dozens of suppliers that will be happy to sell you all the supplies
you need. Also helpful hints on lens grinding. If you succeed in
regrinding your prism surface, you might try your hand at a Summicron
next.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest) ([Leica] Regrinding a lens surface)