Subject: [Leica] Regrinding a lens surface
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 15:40:23 -0500

Back when I was in the Navy we had a few of the weather guessers and
the instrumentmen who were amateur astronomers and made their own
telescopes. There is a lot of down time when you're at sea for 6 months
at a time so they ground their own optics and made some very nice
telescopes.
In my down time I taught myself to play the banjo. Not nearly as
scientific or precise as lens grinding.

Phil Forrest