Subject: [Leica] Updated my LUG gallery
From: wtorry at vbar.com (Wayne Torry)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 12:55:43 +0000

Gary,

I am privileged and honored to own a gorgeous 11x14 print of the diner. It
came in the 2009 Large Format Forum print exchange. Thank you so much.

Wayne

------------------------------

Message: 27

Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:30:10 -0900

From: Gary Benson <bensonga at gmail.com>

To: lug at leica-users.org

      <AANLkTi=ay+ohR58cW=TM85iqFuZzbCy-W4nJqCAk9915 at mail.gmail.com>

Hi folks.  I've added a few more photos to my LUG gallery.  I had planned to

only put photos taken with my R8 and/or R lenses in my LUG gallery.

However, I quickly realized I don't have much to show from this gear yet,

since I just acquired my R system last year.  So, I've reached into the

archives and pulled out a few of my favorites.  One photo in particular (the

Minneapolis Diner "No Smoking Section") is probably the best photo I've ever

made (taken in the mid-1980s).  I sometimes feel that I peaked early and

it's been a downhill slide for the past 25 years.  Oh well?.I'm still having

fun, regardless.  I do wish I could get back to Death Valley National Park

again for a week of hiking and photography?.it's a fascinating place!  C&C

appreciated.

By the way, I'm still trying to get used to the mailing list format and hope

to be a more active participant in the future.  I've gotten accustomed to

the online forum format (such as GetDPI, the Pentax forum etc) and I'm

currently running in Digest mode for the LUG mailing list, which in some

ways makes responding to interesting posts a bit more difficult.

Gary Benson

Eagle River, Alaska

Replies: Reply from bensonga at gmail.com (Gary Benson) ([Leica] Updated my LUG gallery)