Subject: [Leica] Apple 27" LED Display Questions
From: os.penguin at gmail.com (Forrest Herr)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:22:04 -0600

       I would advise against ANY glossy display, unless you plan
on using it in a dark room, because glossy displays WILL reflect damn
near everything in most lighting conditions, as much as, if not worse than,
an old CRT without an anti-glare coating.

     A couple of days ago I bought a 23" Dell LED display (Matte),
and I'm using it in a bright, south facing room.  I'm not too worried about
controlling the lighting in the room, and it is an incredible improvement
over my old CRT (with anti-glare coating) because I don't see any
reflections what-so-ever. As long as the sun doesn't shine directly on it,
it's bright, clear,  and the colors are reasonably accurate.

I suggest looking at other displays and avoiding the glare-fest  that you'll
get
out of a Glossy monitor.

-Forrest

Replies: Reply from alal at poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] Apple 27" LED Display Questions)