Subject: [Leica] Tree's dusk monochrome
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:03:22 -0500

Thanks Philippe I found the detail  in those select areas to be real nice as
well as the over all look of the shot. I shot it wide open at dusk with my
85mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor . I also often use my ultra compact 85mm f/2 non auto
focus. A lens  you can get for half what you can get for the former. Which
goes for 400 bucks usd.
I tried out having my camera shoot jpg's as well as NEF's. NEF's are raw.
It stands for " Negative Exploitation Feedback". Which is what you get when
you tell your friends you are shooting Jpegs. Unless you belong to the
Niagara Equestrian Festival, if you do you can take a ride to the
Nigerian Equity Fund , and win your million dollars if you can keep a
secret.

I've been doing this new thing its called "turning the Auto Focus off".
The focusing on the 1.8d is silky smooth with my think gloves on.

So I could see my original setting which was to have it be in monochrome. A
cold blue green. And my plan was to duplicate this from the NEF. But I just
used the Jpeg. Call it "Mark learns to love 8 bit and lives to tell about
it."

Here is a merge or stitch of an even dozen shots of Riverside park walking
down Riverside drive. Or maybe I stood still and shot it. Moment after
taking this pervious shot. Show me a tree I just start clicking. They stand
still. Almost.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/110119_165943.jpg.html

Mark William Rabiner
Photography