Subject: [Leica] Hullo. Leice R Solution
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 04:45:35 -0500

> Leica Fotografie has an article about the reasoning behind the system
> lineup, by an unspecified author.  They didn't  make a digital R because
> they were afraid only existing R owners would buy it (corollary -- few new
> lens sales!) Pretty much the same info about the vaporware "R Solution."
> Being in the "concept stage" likely means its still just an idea they are
> bantering back and forth, but even at that it doesn't sound like it will
> be
> much different than an NEX/NX/EOS with an R adapter -- unless it happened
> be FF or somehow work an auto diaphragm and open aperture metering
> mechanism
> into an adapter (REVIL?  EVILR?).  Basically, an EVIL camera with an AF
> mount and optional M and R mounts, that would also serve as an entry path
> into M.  Just to engage in sheer speculation, it almost sounds like they
> are
> describing the upcoming hybrid viewfinder Fuji with interchangeable
> lenses --  hmmm.
>
> Of course, if an M10 were made with live view with a built in or optional
> EVF, and an R to M adapter, they could just call that the R solution!  .
>
> This disappointed R user is getting cynical and very close to selling it
> off
> for a Nikanony outfit!
>
> (unsigned)

Hi unsigned: you and a lot of us. I will keep some stuff, and use it with
film and probably a pentax K5 at this stage ;-)

I'm working on a Nikanon solution for a wildlife adventure in Galapagos
and Kenya. DMR would have been fine as a back up to the new R, but now its
orphaned.

Cheers and signed

Alastair

Message from tomschofield at comcast.net (pamiesue) ([Leica] Hullo. Leice R Solution)