Subject: [Leica] Hullo. Leice R Solution
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:52:06 -0800

Yes, this was discussed here last fall after the LHSA meeting at
which this discussion took place.

Some things from that meeting:

There will be an M10. Duh.

There will be an 'R solution'. It will not be an R10, with reflex
viewing, and it will not be exclusively R. It will be a live view
camera, basically set up for M but adaptable for R. It might or might
not be shown at Photokina 2012,

That was basically it. I made the comment at the time that if there
was not fully functional integration with R lenses the solution would
be pointless, as there were already solutions available for R users
who could live with stop down metering and manual aperture control.
They said they would consider that.

All in all, it sounded like the planning was still at a very early
stage and I would think things will definitely change before anything
shows up in prototype form. Ie, don't count on anything specific. The
main positive thing I got from this is that the R range is still in
their sights, although they made it quite clear that an R only body
was not going to happen.

--

       Henning J. Wulff
  Wulff Photography & Design