Subject: [Leica] Marina Beach
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:49:14 +0530

Philippe, Tina, Bob, Ric, Jim, Michiel and Alastair,

Thanks for looking. Philippe it is good to see you have not forgotten your
Hindi!

A few things - I deliberately processed 'Cop' and 'Coast Guard' as you see
it to approximate what I was seeing at that time - the first as black with
small details where the setting sun was hitting him, the second as high
contrast. There is detail in both the RAW files, and can be brought out.

When you expect a quarter of million people to turn up, you need a lot of
policemen around - but when they do not turn up it looks excessive. The main
reason for the low attendance was it was a Monday, and a working day. I
believe the big crowds had turned up on Sunday. Water access was not allowed
because it is impossible to manage such a crowd at water's edge, especially
as the shelf falls away very steeply here, and currents are wicked, and
accidental drownings are not rare events. You will see very few people
attempting to swim in the sea on the East Coast of India - the West Coast is
where all the famous beaches and placid seas are.

I am at present debating whether I should get a normal range zoom in lieu of
primes from 24 to 85mm, as Nikon do have a very fine one, the 24-70 f2.8,
but the weight keeps putting me off from buying it!

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Marina Beach)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Marina Beach)