Subject: [Leica] the next iPad
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 20:16:40 -0600

I agree.  Over the weekend I pulled some boxes of prints from the
darkroom days, most all dry-mounted and matted.   Matting is a huge PITA
(for me), but the prints just don't look right unless they are mounted.
So, I noticed this site:

www.archivalmethods.com

They will make a custom-cut window mat with cotton museum board, hinged
to archival foam board backing, for $16.  This is a 16x20 mat with
whatever opening you want.  Thus far I have mounted everything in 16x20
mats, 4x5" to 11x17" prints.  So, this may be a print-making hurdle out
of the way.  In a good year I may deem 25 prints worth mounting, so not
that much cost and little effort.

Ken