Subject: [Leica] Flickr accidentally nukes user's 4,000 photos
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:03:38 +1030

The work and metadata loss is regrettable, but anyone who uses a site
like FlickR to actually STORE their images is foolish.  Some people
gget what they ask for, some people ask for what they get.  I have
everything digital on duplicate hard drives and duplicate archival
DVDs, stored in three different places.  I occasionally wonder if
that's sufficient . . .

Marty