Subject: [Leica] Flickr accidentally nukes user's 4,000 photos
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:41:24 -0500

Agreed. Full-res images should never be put online anyway. Even if you don't
allow the full-size file to be viewed/downloaded by Flickr users, the file
is still on their servers' hard drives. You don't want your files in someone
else's hands because they could, as we have seen, delete them or they could
use them commercially without your permission.

You want them on hard drives you own and for the web, you upload small
versions like the ones I use on my website.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook