Subject: [Leica] IMG: Snoozing on the shore, good for the soul
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:38:35 -0600

On Feb 7, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Peter Cheyne wrote:

> I took this with M3, 50 'Cron, and Neopan 400:
>
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/5415829159/#/photos/geordiepete/5415829159/lightbox/>
>
> A second or two before, I also photographed this scene with the M8 and 35
> 'Cron Asph:
>
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/5383971065/#/photos/geordiepete/5383971065/lightbox/>

A truly interesting comparison Peter.
As mentioned in a different thread many us reconsider film
when some post some outstanding film based photographs.
When I opened the first photograph my first reaction was, "interesting"
soon followed by "the grain in the sky distracts my attention."
One of the things the digital files really do handle well is smooth tones in
skies."
and

Nice shot!

Regards,