Subject: [Leica] Borders bankruptcy
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:01:16 -0500

Yes the books will disappear and the libraries will disappear and we'll all
be walking down the sidewalk with our earplugs gazing wonderfully at our
little palm held back lit screens as somebody tweet or text message
interrupts us from reading  The Brothers Karamazov on the thing.
I'll never be that pessimistic.  Its a Dystopian future which is not going
to happen.

The idiots are everywhere but there are lots of smart people too.
I don't see books going anywhere.
They remain a very efficient way to dispense and store information.
And I don't see photographic prints going anywhere either.
Hard copy has its time and place for people.

Mark William Rabiner
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystopia