Subject: [Leica] Hey, does anyone know how to take the front lens off a 50mm f1.5 Summarit?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:36:15 -0500

Hey, does anyone know how to take the front lens off a 50mm f1.5 Summarit?

I have one that has a white piece of debris, right in the center, and it
is either on the back of the front lens, or the front of the second lens.

I can get the front optical group separated from the lens easily, that
just unscrews off.

There is one lockring visible at the back of the front optical group and
it comes off.

But I can't get any further.  The front name ring also doesn't want to
come off easily.

Very annoying.

....Vick

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Hey, does anyone know how to take the front lens off a 50mm f1.5 Summarit?)