Subject: [Leica] IMGs: a select few and opinion
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:52:30 -0600

On Mar 1, 2011, at 3:09 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> George I follow how these fit in your context.
> For me the large group shot better conveys the protesters' views (and more
> importantly indicates the amount of support) than the single protester with
> placard (1st shot)
> That one really just serves to repeat the placard slogan, without much
> intensity added by the people as shown (unless the people are local
> noteables?).
> Second is an excellent detail shot and fully in the mood of the large group
> shot too.
> I get the third, in your context.
> I agree with Bob on the last. The softness detracts greatly. If you start
> out with I know this is soft but..., it is a near miss to be culled.
> Have you made a conscious decision not to caption each shot? For these you
> could add value with careful captioning, I think.

Thank you Geoff.

I agree with every point.
Re: Captions:
The breaking news here,
along with trying to actual work done,
is taking up a lot of my time.

At this moment protesters are locked out
in preparation for our Governor's address at 4pm.
A judge has issued a court order saying he can't do that.
The sheriff has openly declared that he and his men are not the Gov's palace
guard.
I hope to tidy up the blog post as time allows.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com