Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome scanning
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:05:04 -0500

I've been having fun scanning my last batch of Kodachrome slides.  Yes,
actually having fun.  What a difference a good monitor and a profiled
scanner make.  I'm preparing to start scanning years and years of Kodachrome
from my childhood, 1980-1995, so getting the process down is important.

For anyone who is still scanning Kodachrome, I highly recommend picking up
one of the Lasersoft targets and making a profile of your scanner.  I'm
using a Nikon Coolscan V and Vuescan to make all my scans.  Vuescan's 'Multi
Exposure' option is a relatively quick and easy way to get much better
shadows too.  I made the profile with ArgyllCMS.  Final adjustment in
Photoshop takes about 1 min per slide.

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgray1/5496424734/>