Subject: [Leica] IMG: Finch of the Day
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 22:26:08 -0600

Hi Doug,

Thanks.  Yes, it is still cropped.  At 15 ft, I frame what I would estimate
to be roughly 12x16 inches, so it is cropped from that.  I am still working
my way closer, but, given the array of feeders, I still need the ability to
crop at times to straighten up the image and eliminate distractions.  Since
I am using the equivalent of a 500mm FL, 10 to 12 ft may be as close as I
can get and be effective, since that gives a field 14 in. high by 11 in.
wide.

As to eye contact, they need to get more accustomed to my presence.  Today,
the wind was so brisk at times that waiting for the feeder to settle out was
more important than eye contact.  I'll work on it.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA